Depression Quotes To Help You Keep Going
361. I bet if you cut open my stomach, the black slug of depression would slide out. Jasmine Warga, My Heart and Other Black Holes
362. What people never understand is that depression isnt about the outside its about the inside. Jasmine Warga
363. Feeling your feelings will not lead to depression. Jordan Pickell, MCP RCC
364. is like an anchor in the midst of an emotional storm: the anchor wont make the storm goes away, but it will hold you steady until it passes. Russ Harris
365. Stop trying to be less of who you are. Let this time in your life cut you open and drain all of the things that are holding you back. Jennifer Elisabeth
366. Embrace the void and have the courage to exist. Dan Howell
367. Sometimes we create such powerful illusions so that we do not get lost in the darkness. Christy Lefteri
368. Nothing is quite as depressing as depression. Claire Weekes
369. Isolation and loneliness are central causes of depression and despair. Bell Hooks
370. I cant think of anything more disheartening than living a life without a clear purpose. Daniel Willey
Depression Quotes About Give Up
Every thought is a battle. Every breath is a war. And I dont think I am winning anymore. Unknown
Youre like a grey sky. Youre beautiful, even though you dont want to be. Jasmine Warga
Im exhausted from trying to be stronger than I feel. Unknown
Mental illness is so much more complicated than any pill that any mortal could invent. Elizabeth Wintzel
I lost myself somewhere in the darkness. Priyanshu Singh
You dont have to live a lie. Living a lie will mess you up. It will send you into depression. It will warp your values. Gilbert Baker
The worst kind of sadness is not being able to explain why. Unknown
I may have looked happy but inside I was hopelessly depressed. Stephen Fry
Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it. Helen Keller
Pain changes people, it makes them trust less, overthink more, and shut people out.
If you know someone whos depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isnt a straightforward response to a bad situation depression just is, like the weather. Stephen Fry
Ill never forget how the depression and loneliness felt good and bad at the same time. Henry Rollins
Depression, suffering and anger are all part of being human. Janet Fitch
When youre depressed you dont control your thoughts, your thoughts control you. I wish people understood that. Anonymous
How Can I Be Depressed Watch Me
Being sad and being depressed are two different things. Also, people going through depression dont look so, while someone sad will look sad. The most common reaction is, How can you be depressed? You have everything going for you. You are the supposed number one heroine and have a plush home, car, movies What else do you want?’ Deepika Padukone, Indian actress
Although, to be fair, counting their blessings is one of the things happy people do every day.
Don’t Miss: Does Lack Of Sunlight Cause Depression
Best Uplifting Quotes For Depression And Anxiety
If you are still feeling low and facing the thoughts bogging you down, you need a boost of uplifting quotes for depression now.
Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. Leroy Satchel Paige
We must understand that sadness is an ocean, and sometimes we drown, while other days we are forced to swim. R.M. Drake
You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness. Jonathan Safran Foer
Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world. C.S. Lewis
What you thought before has led to every choice you have made, and this adds up to you at this moment. If you want to change who you are physically, mentally, and spiritually, you will have to change what you think. Dr. Patrick Gentempo
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia
Tears are words that need to be written. Paulo Coelho
Prosperity is a great teacher adversity is a greater. Possession pampers the mind privation trains and strengthens it. William Hazlitt
A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning. Pat Riley
Depression Quotes To Inspire Hope
132. But no matter how much evil I see, I think its important for everyone to understand that there is much more light than darkness. Robert Uttaro
133. Even when the world throws its worst and then turns its back, there is still always hope.Pittacus Lore
134. Never give up. Have hope. Expect only the best from life and take action to get it.Catherine Pulsifer
135. You cannot change anyone but yourself. Always hope for the best, but keep living your life no matter what.Kate Anderson
136. There is always hope for a new day, hope that the darkness wont always seem impenetrable. There is always hope because our Redeemer lives.
137. But keep on working and hoping still. For in spite of the grumblers who stand about, somehow, it seems, all things work out.Edgar Guest
138. In fact, hope is best gained after defeat and failure, because then inner strength and toughness is produced. Fritz Knapp
139. The difference between hope and despair is the ability to believe in tomorrow.Jerry Grillo
140. Even your past pain can be a blessing to someone. Hope lifters are willing to reach back and pass hope on.Kathe Wunnenberg
141. Anticipate good things will happen, keep your mind positive, never lose hope, and it will amaze you.C Pulsifer
You May Like: What Does Being Clinically Depressed Mean
Never Forget: You Are A Survivor
In my opinion, living with manic depression takes a tremendous amount of balls. Not unlike a tour of Afghanistan . At times, being bipolar can be an all-consuming challenge, requiring a lot of stamina and even more courage, so if youre living with this illness and functioning at all, its something to be proud of, not ashamed of. They should issue medals along with the steady stream of medication. Carrie Fisher, Wishful Drinking
Depression Quotes About Pain And Emotions
42. When youre lost in those woods, it sometimes takes you a while to realize that you are lost. For the longest time, you can convince yourself that youve just wandered off the path, that youll find your way back to the trailhead any moment now. Then night falls again and again, and you still have no idea where you are, and its time to admit that you have bewildered yourself so far off the path that you dont even know from which direction the sun rises anymore. Elizabeth Gilbert
43. At heart, I have always been a coper, Ive mostly been able to walk around with my wounds safely hidden, and Ive always stored up my deep depressive episodes for the weeks off when there was time to have an abbreviated version of a complete breakdown.
But in the end, Id be able to get up and on with it, could always do what little must be done to scratch by. Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation
44. Its my experience that people are a lot more sympathetic if they can see you hurting, and for the millionth time in my life I wish for measles or smallpox or some other easily understood disease just to make it easier on me and also on them. Jennifer Niven, All the Bright Places
46. Because thats the thing about depression. When I feel it deeply, I dont want to let it go. It becomes a comfort. I want to cloak myself under its heavy weight and breathe it into my lungs.
You May Like: Can Depression Make You Feel Emotionally Numb
Depression Quotes On Love
90. I dont want to see anyone. I lie in the bedroom with the curtains drawn and nothingness washing over me like a sluggish wave.
Whatever is happening to me is my own fault. I have done something wrong, something so huge I cant even see it, something thats drowning me. I am inadequate and stupid, without worth. I might as well be dead.
Sad And Depressed Quotes
- Being depressed is an opportunity to make a brand-new beginning and to take a new direction. As soon as you accept the truth that for now, youre stalled and lost, then you can take the initial step.
- You cant control what happens to you however, you can control how you respond and the direction youll take.
- Were the middle kids of history, guyno purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great Wars a spiritual war our Great Depression is our lives. Weve all been raised on television to think that a person day wed all be millionaires, film gods, and rock stars. But we will not. And were gradually discovering that truth. And were extremely, very pissed off. Chuck Palahniuk .
- Whether he expresses it or not, every thought an individual dwells upon either damage or improves his life.
- Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.
- Much torment comes from our existing self, not desiring to betray our past self.
Read Also: Major Depressive Disorder What Is It
Best Quotes To Help With Depression And Anxiety
Lets give yourself a final punch of quotes that lets you deal with depression without any stress and uplift your mood like anything.
Maybe we all have darkness inside of us and some of us are better at dealing with it than others. Jasmine Warga
But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars. Martin Luther King, Jr.
If you dont like something change it if you cant change it, change the way you think about it. Mary Engelbreit
Even from a dark night, songs of beauty can be born. Mary Anne Radmacher
We are not to blame for our illness, but we are responsible for our health. Victoria Maxwell
Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed. Alexander Pope
Action is the antidote to despair. Joan Baez
There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for. J.R.R. Tolkien
Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light. Madeleine LEngle
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt
The harder you fall, the higher you bounce. Unknown author
The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests. Epicetus
We are sure that even if you remember each quote for one single day, you would never be able to fall back into the pit of depressed state again. So buck up guys and start enjoying your life once again!
Inspirational Quotes For Anxiety Sufferers
The way we respond to challenges in our mind is more important than outward rewards. With this intrinsic value in mind, Art of Living offers ways to overcome your fears. Learn the skills you need so you can prevent panic attacks with confidence. Yoga, meditation, wisdom, and breathing are some of these lifelong tools.
2. Knowing your power: When youre feeling anxious, remember that youre still you. You are not anxiety. Whenever you feel otherwise, remember thats the anxiety talking. You are still you and hold the power in every moment. Deanne Repich
Anxiety is an experience that comes and goes. It doesn’t change who you are. Meditation shows you that your true essence exists despite any transitory feelings. Throughout your life, your power to control your mind and emotions will be yours alone. Nobody can make you stop worrying. Worrying is a choice and can become a habit if you choose not to stop it.
3. Feelings: The head worries and the heart feels. They cannot function at the same time. When your feelings dominate, worry dissolves. ~ Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
4. Fear of mistakes:The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one. John C. Maxwell
Also Check: Signs Your Daughter Is Depressed
Depression Quotes By Celebrities
301. I found that with depression, one of the most important things you can realize is that youre not alone. Youre not the first to go through it, youre not gonna be the last to go through it,Dwayne Johnson
302. After every Olympics I think I fell into a major state of depression, and after 2012 that was probably the hardest fall for me. Michael Phelps
303. I didnt eat. I stayed in my room. I was in a really bad place in life, going through that lonely period: Who am I? Who are friends? My life changed.’Beyonce
304. Sadly, too often, the stigma around mental health prevents people who need help from seeking it. But that simply doesnt make any sense. Michelle Obama
305. Im struggling just to get through the days. I think a lot of people are. This life can rip you apart. Justin Bieber
306. The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die.
307. Its difficult to describe depression to someone whos never been there, because its not sadness. J.K. Rowling
308. If you are broken, you do not have to stay broken.Selena Gomez
309. I have had bouts of situational depression, and my heart was broken last year because, unknowingly, I put so much validity in the reaction of the public, and the public didnt react in the way I had expected to.Katy Perry
310. Theres nothing weak about struggling with mental illness.Kristen Bell
Best Positive Quotes For Depression And Anxiety
Learn the positivity of life and move ahead like fire! We believe that these positive quotes on depression are a big boost to your thoughts.
Ive learned that everything happens for a reason, every event has a why and all adversity teaches us a lesson Never regret your past. Accept it as the teacher that it is. Robin Sharma
In three words I can sum up everything Ive learned about life. It goes on. Robert Frost
Its one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, to forgive. Forgive everybody. Maya Angelou
When you forgive, you in no way change the past but you sure do change the future. Bernard Meltzer
I was only 9 years old. At that time you dont realize that you can work super hard and give everything you have and lose. It was the best message for me. Beyoncé Knowles-Carter
Imagination has a great deal to do with winning. Mike Krzyzewski
Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression. Dodie Smith
In times of great stress or adversity, its always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive. Lee Iacocca
Sadness flies away on the wings of time. Jean de La Fontaine
Never react emotionally to criticism. Analyze yourself to determine whether it is justified. If it is, correct yourself. Otherwise, go on about your business. Norman Vincent Peale
Don’t Miss: How Does Depression Affect Someone
Depressing Quotes About Life
- I dont want any more of this shot, try once again stuff. I just want out. Ive had it. I am so tired. I am twenty, and I am currently exhausted.
- Ill never forget how depression and loneliness felt tremendous and destructive at the same time. Still does.
- I go through a great deal of depression, and I know other individuals do, too, however, I have an outlet that so lots of individuals dont. If you have that inside of you and cant get it out, what do you do?
- It is tough to describe to people who have never understood severe depression or stress and anxiety the sheer constant intensity of it. There is no off switch.
- Perhaps the saddest paradox of depression is that suicide occurs when the patient gets a little better and can once again function adequately.
- Mental disease is a lot more complex than any pill that any mortal could invent.
- some wounds never show on the body that is deeper and more upsetting than bleeds.
- I have had to experience so much stupidity, many vices, many mistakes, a lot of nausea, disillusionment and grief, to become a child again and start anew. I needed to experience anguish I needed to sink to the most significant mental depths, to thoughts of suicide, to experience grace.
Depression Quotes To Explain How Depressed People Feel
Depression quotes can make you feel sad, numb, or hopeful about overcoming this terrible thought disorder. In this article, we how you find some relatable quotes about depression to know youre not alone. However, more importantly, we hope you find inspirational quotes about depression that help inspire you to work towards building a better day. So, lets dive into some of these depression quotes.
If youre struggling with depression right now, you can try this guided meditation for suffering to help you overcome being depressed. By working with a therapist, psychiatrist, and using a meditation app like Declutter The mind, you can work towards overcoming depression.
Recommended Reading: Zung Self Rating Depression Scale