A Bit About Depression And Anxiety Quotes
Depression and anxiety quotes are great for helping you on your journey to overcoming your depression and anxiety. We have picked out some of the best depression and anxiety quotes around and curated them into this list for you to enjoy. We hope that our list of anxiety and depression quotes helps you in some way today.
The Biggest Obstacle Youll Ever Have To Overcome Is Your Mind If You Can Overcome That You Can Overcome Anything Unknown
Your mind is the only thing that can get in the way of you doing great things. You must always believe in yourself and always believe that you are good enough to do an be whatever you want to be. Only when you truly believe in yourself can you actually achieve the things that you want to. We are all capable of great things and we should never allow depression or anxiety get in the way of that.
Depression Quotes On Feeling Exhausted
91. I wondered why I couldnt go the whole way doing what I should any more. This made me sad and tired. Then I wondered why I couldnt go the whole way doing what I shouldnt, the way Doreen did, and this made me even sadder and more tired. Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
92. I dont want to do anything. I dont even want to start this day because then Ill just be expected to finish it. Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl
93. So you try to think of someone else youre mad at, and the unavoidable answer pops into your little warped brain: everyone. Ellen Hopkins
94. He: Whats the matter with you?
Nothing was slowly clotting my arteries. Nothing slowly numbing my soul. Caught by nothing, saying nothing, nothingness becomes me. When I am nothing they will say surprised in the way that they are forever surprised, but there was nothing the matter with her. Jeanette Winterson, Gut Symmetries
95. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking peoples hats off then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. Herman Melville, Moby-Dick
Ned Vizzini, Its Kind of a Funny Story
Read Also: If I Am A Christian Why Am I Depressed
Insightful Depression Quotes To Uplift And Inspire
There are many inspirational quotes about depression. Not all motivational depression quotes will touch you or resonate with you, but we sure hope some of them will inspire you and brighten your day.
Depression is a state that can be overcome!
- You say youre depressed all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesnt mean youre defective it just means youre human. David Mitchell
- The difference between hope and despair is the ability to believe in tomorrow. Jerry Grillo
- Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself. Pythagoras
- Do not brood over your past mistakes and failures as this will only fill your mind with grief, regret, and depression. Do not repeat them in the future. Swami Sivananda
- Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it. Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
- The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy. Jim Rohn
- Mental healthis not a destination, but a process. Its about how you drive, not where youre going. Noam Shpancer
- Dont let your struggle become your identity.
- Start by doing whats necessary, then do whats possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible. Saint Francis of Assisi
- Youre like a grey sky. Youre beautiful, even though you dont want to be. Jasmine Warga
- Nothing is permanent in this wicked world not even our troubles. Charlie Chaplin
Inspirational Quotes About Recovery From Depression
If youre in need of some inspiration, here are more inspirational quotes about recovery for depression.
18. Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect. Alan Cohen
19. When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. Helen Keller
20. So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key. The Eagles
21. It is never too late to live happily ever after. Anonymous
Also Check: Deep Brain Stimulation Depression Cost
Overcoming Depression Quotes With Images
Depression Quotes 1- It is a common misconception that depression means being sad, or crying a lot, or dressing emo to be dramatic, to show sadness. It is a lot more than that. Depression is feeling numb to emotions, feeling numb to everything in life.
Depression Quotes 2- Depression is feeling numb all the time. This feeling may become very overpowering at times. You hold on to life as if it were the only thing which is making you go through your day.
Depression Quotes 3- You might feel so exhausted and overwhelmed from everything in life that you describe yourself as being tired constantly. Not even resting or sleeping may help you fix this feeling.
Depression Quotes 4- Colour blindness is a deficiency in the way we perceive colours. Depression is like colour blindness as people only see one side of the world and getting indulged in their own thinking. Like colour blind people are consistently being told how colourful the world is in reality, depressed people also are told how the world is much more than solely their thoughts.
Depression Quotes 5- Every person wants to heal, to feel better. So to say they battle depression rather than saying that they suffer from depression helps them deal and cope with it better, and will motivate them to always fight back.
Depression Quotes 7- Depression engulfs all your thoughts. The world seems like a dark place, with no hope, no light. Other things which seemed interesting once now seem dull and hopeless.
Depression Quotes For When You’re Feeling Down
Also Check: Lavender For Anxiety And Depression
Positive Encouraging Words For Someone With Depression
49. There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well. – Nicholas Sparks50. Pain is inevitable as long as you are identified with your mind. – Eckhart Tolle51. A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you. – Joyce Meyer
Quotes To Help Lift The Darkness
While its true that depression has no magic cure, getting treatment for your depression is possible. It can be motivating to read anecdotes from people who have done that and are living happier, more peaceful lives. Let these quotes about overcoming depression or at least moving through it more easefully inspire you as you journey through healing and recovery.
- Getting better from depression demands a lifelong commitment. Ive made that commitment for my lifes sake and for the sake of those who love me. Susan Polis Schutz, poet
- Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness theyre going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. Its hard to be a friend to someone whos depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do. Stephen Fry
- Listen to the people who love you. Believe that they are worth living for even when you dont believe it. Seek out the memories depression takes away and project them into the future. Be brave be strong take your pills. Exercise because its good for you even if every step weighs a thousand pounds. Eat when food itself disgusts you. Reason with yourself when you have lost your reason. Andrew Solomon, The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression
- You say youre depressed all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesnt mean youre defective it just means youre human. David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
Also Check: How To Apply For Ssi For Depression
Depression Quotes On Life
81. It is important not to suppress your feelings altogether when you are depressed. It is equally important to avoid terrible arguments or expressions of outrage. You should steer clear of emotionally damaging behavior. People forgive, but it is best not to stir things up to the point at which forgiveness is required.
When you are depressed, you need the love of other people, and yet depression fosters actions that destroy that love. Depressed people often stick pins into their own life rafts. The conscious mind can intervene. One is not helpless.
Andrew Solomon, The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression
82. If they tell you that she died of sleeping pills you must know that she died of a wasting grief, of a slow bleeding at the soul. Clifford Odets
83. Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness theyre going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. Its hard to be a friend to someone whos depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do. Stephen Fry
84. Im the girl who is lost in space, the girl who is disappearing always, forever fading away and receding farther and farther into the background. Just like the Cheshire cat, someday I will suddenly leave, but the artificial warmth of my smile, that phony, clownish curve, the kind you see on miserably sad people and villains in Disney movies, will remain behind as an ironic remnant.
Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation
On Feelings Of Loneliness One Of The Telltale Signs Of Depression
The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved. -Mother Teresa
Here at Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program, we offer a full spectrum of care for depression using cognitive behavioral therapy , interpersonal psychotherapy and other evidence-based methods. If youre interested in learning more about our treatment programs or our family support options, please contact us today.
Recommended Reading: Depression In Women’s Health
Should We Always Fight Against Depression
when Ive practiced acceptance, when Ive floated instead of fought, when Ive rested, even for a moment, on the surface instead of wrestling the water itself. And those moments are like heaven. Shauna Niequist, Bittersweet
Ive been thinking about this idea for a few years that we always say you should fight depression.
And most of the time, thats a great idea. You have to fight for the life you want.
But sometimes, I think its better to make peace with your depression. Make friends with that part of you. Dont try to fight it or resist it.
Look at your depression like its a scared child and say, I understand youre in pain. We will get through this.
Because really, depression is just a part of you thats a little scared and a little sad mixed in with other emotions, and sometimes fighting depression feels like youre fighting against yourself instead of for yourself. But its not an outside enemy.
You have to be your own biggest cheerleader and supporter. Depression is just a part of you, but it isnt all of you. And it doesnt have to define you.
Try listening compassionately to your depression, that darker side of you. What is the pain and hurt and sadness trying to tell you? Listen with love and empathy.
Because while I still like saying things like, stay strong, and keep fighting, you just have to make sure that youre not just fighting another battle against yourself instead of for yourself.
Depression Quotes About Pain And Emotions
42. When youre lost in those woods, it sometimes takes you a while to realize that you are lost. For the longest time, you can convince yourself that youve just wandered off the path, that youll find your way back to the trailhead any moment now. Then night falls again and again, and you still have no idea where you are, and its time to admit that you have bewildered yourself so far off the path that you dont even know from which direction the sun rises anymore. Elizabeth Gilbert
43. At heart, I have always been a coper, Ive mostly been able to walk around with my wounds safely hidden, and Ive always stored up my deep depressive episodes for the weeks off when there was time to have an abbreviated version of a complete breakdown.
But in the end, Id be able to get up and on with it, could always do what little must be done to scratch by. Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation
44. Its my experience that people are a lot more sympathetic if they can see you hurting, and for the millionth time in my life I wish for measles or smallpox or some other easily understood disease just to make it easier on me and also on them. Jennifer Niven, All the Bright Places
46. Because thats the thing about depression. When I feel it deeply, I dont want to let it go. It becomes a comfort. I want to cloak myself under its heavy weight and breathe it into my lungs.
Also Check: Social Security For Anxiety And Depression
I Will Be Stronger Than My Sadness Jasmine Warga
11. The only cure I have ever known for fear and doubt and loneliness is an immense love of self. Alison Malee
12. Show me the most damaged parts of your soul, and I will show you how it still shines like gold. Nikita Gill
13. Hard times dont create heroes. It is during the hard times when the hero within us is revealed. Bob Riley
14. Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end. Roy T. Bennett
15. There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind. C.S. Lewis
18. When you face difficult times, know the challenges are not sent to destroy you. They are sent to promote, increase and strengthen you. Joel Osteen
19. In a strange way, I had fallen in love with my depression. Elizabeth Wurtzel
Depression Quotes From Stephen Fry
69. Certainly the most destructive vice if you like, that a person can have. More than pride, which is supposedly the number one of the cardinal sins is self pity.
Self pity is the worst possible emotion anyone can have. And the most destructive. It is, to slightly paraphrase what Wilde said about hatred, and I think actually hatreds a subset of self pity and not the other way around It destroys everything around it, except itself .
Self pity will destroy relationships, itll destroy anything thats good, it will fulfill all the prophecies it makes and leave only itself. And its so simple to imagine that one is hard done by, and that things are unfair, and that one is underappreciated, and that if only one had had a chance at this, only one had had a chance at that, things would have gone better, you would be happier if only this, that one is unlucky.
All those things. And some of them may well even be true. But, to pity oneself as a result of them is to do oneself an enormous disservice.
I think its one of the things we find unattractive about the American culture, a culture which I find mostly, extremely attractive, and I like Americans and I love being in America. But, just occasionally there will be some example of the absolutely ravening self-pity that they are capable of, and you see it in their talk shows. Its an appalling spectacle, and its so self-destructive.
You May Like: What It’s Like To Have Depression